Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Hero?

Have any of you noticed that your baby may look at you and expect that you know exactly what is wrong and how to fix it?? Today is the probably third time he's done this since he was born almost 12 weeks ago. I've had times where daddy is right there, and he seems to look past daddy, focus in on me, and make his cry. Almost like he's saying, "Mom!! I need this and you know what it is!!"

How inadequate I feel when I cannot seem to understand what he needs! Yes, sometimes I get it right, but it's usually by chance. Why is it that I feel so horrible when I cannot seem to solve the problem? By not solving his problem, have I ceased to be his hero?? Will he still look at me to solve his problems and hurts when he's 2, 5, 10?

I guess this makes me relate our relationship with Christ. Isn't it amazing how being a parent constantly makes you think of your relationship with Christ? Anyway, I have so many hurts and needs, and I try to do the same thing my son does. I reach out for Christ to hear my problems and solve them. Even though he understands exactly how we feel, sometimes his answer is no or wait. And how we hate those times!!

Have you ever felt like you are your child's hero? What did you do when you couldn't meet his/her needs??

No comments:

Post a Comment