Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Quietness!

By far, my favorite time of the day has been around 5am. Yes, that's right, 5am! Why?? My little one has finally gone to sleep after his early morning feeding, and my dear husband is asleep. Which means, the world is MINE! There is something so peaceful when the whole world around me (ok, maybe just my apartment) is still asleep! It's me, the birds, and that rising sun!

And for me, this is pretty much a miracle. I am NOT a morning person. But through this new motherhood, I realize that there are small moments of quietness and peace. And usually, it happens when our babe is asleep. Ha! I think I new this before I got pregnant, but now I know it for real!!

I have the freedom to get a drink of water, go to the bathroom, check my email, lurk on facebook and babycenter, and there is no one asking me to pack their lunch :-) or feed them or play with them! I guess I can chalk it up to the selfishness of having a moment to myself. Ahhh. It's so glorious!!

So, when is your "my" moment during the day and what is your favorite part about it??

2 comments:

  1. Mine is about 10 p.m. after both my guys have gone to sleep. I can read, sew, get a few housework things done, or just surf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog! Yay!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete