Friday, August 27, 2010

Pure Exhaustion

So last night at the grocery store, we ran into a gentleman who had a 5 week old baby. It catapulted me back to those days!! Do you remember them?? I do! No sleep, no memory and just trying to survive each moment! I kept telling him, "It gets better!" Although, if I remember right, I didn't believe anyone when else when they said it either!

How is it that when I was getting sleep in increments of two hours, I felt just as rested as now when I get sleep in 4-6 hour increments?? And isn't it amazing how you still love that little baby who is so changing your sleep patterns?? I know for a fact that if my husband did that, he would easily be on the futon every single night and I would give him death stares all day!

I think I've decided that all new parents should have live-in help for the first two months. What would it entail?? Thanks for asking!
  1. Cooked meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner! No worrying about what to make while taking care of an infant. Meals just appear!
  2. Cleaning. My most hated chore! Never would that floor have fuzzies or other disgusting things strewn on it. It would be spic and span!
  3. Laundry. Although I don't hate this, how nice would it be for somebody else to take care of it??
  4. Taking baby when its fussy. This would be by far my favorite! I hate when my little one cries and cries and there's nothing wrong. This person would rock them to sleep, reinsert pacifiers at 2am, etc.
Wouldn't that be awesome!??!?! I have to say, I had my mom and mom-in-law for about a week and half after I got home from the hospital, and it was glorious! I hated when they left... I'm pretty sure I bawled!

Do you have anything else to add to the list?? Does the sleeping keep getting better or worse??

No comments:

Post a Comment