Monday, April 4, 2011

Ooooooooo, Kentucky!

I like the Oklahoma song better.  It's so catchy.  I know of no song for Kentucky.  Boo.  According to Yahoo (http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/84255/five-songs-for-kentucky/), Kentucky knew how to sell itself and has five songs.  If you know one of these songs, I expect you to call me and sing it to me.

  • My Old Kentucky Home by Randy Newman
  • Kentucky by Louvin Brothers
  • Kentucky Woman by Neil Diamond
  • Blue Moon of Kentucky by Bill Monroe
  • Kentucky Rain by Elvis Presley
There's a little play button feature next to some of them, so as I continue to blog I am going to listen to these songs.  I encourage you to do the same.  Or not.  Whatever!

When I first found out that we were going to be moving to Kentucky, I was sad.  We will be moving 9 hours away from friends, 13 hours from family.  We're leaving behind everything about life that we've been accustomed to for the last 25/28 years (Josh is the old one!).  And then I realized there were some good thing about moving.

  1. We get to buy a house.  A real house.  With walls, and rooms, and issues that will require money and fixing.  We will have to mow our own grass and deal with ice makers that refuse to work.
  2. I finally get a King bed!  I can't wait to stretch both arms out, and not even touch Josh!  Oh how happy it will be to roll around and not worry about waking up at the edge of the bed, right before falling out.
  3. We get a dining room table!  If you've been to our apartment, you know our lovely card table is our dining room table.  When we cut our meat, we shake the table and the drinks spill out.  This won't happen anymore!!!!!!!!
  4. I will get matching furniture.  This one is one I haven't received guarantee from Josh about yet.  But, I'm thinking I'll use my womanly charm.  That should do it!  I want one of those "L" shaped couches or chairs that have foot stools.  Either way, I'm excited.
I'm sure there's many more things to be excited about.  For example, they haven't had snow in April down there.  But I'm getting there.  I'm hoping that eventually this will be a move that we are rejoicing about and look back to see how God has provided.  Until then, I'm holding on to my 4 points above.  Come on house!!!!!!!

PS - I liked Elvis' song the best.  Which one did you prefer?????

2 comments:

  1. I moved back to Morgantown so I could buy a house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good reason to move, in my book! Now if I can only promise you a house in Kentucky and get you to move there with me!!!!!! PS - I hope you start feeling better soon! I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete