Friday, April 15, 2011

Those little pebbles...

Today I took Jacob to the park for his very first time on the swing.  He LOVED it.  Giggled and such.  We did ok until he decided to let go and start putting all his weight forward.  Don't worry, he didn't fall out and that ended our time swinging.  We're going to wait a bit and try again later.  And/or go to another park.  We'll see.  But my main issue with our time at the park was those little pebbles they put on the ground.

I idealistically (is this a word?) thought that flip-flops would be perfect for a day at the park.  Really, they should be perfect.  Jacob even wore his sandals!  But then we got there.  I thought they were supposed to have that nifty, bouncy rubber so kids didn't hurt themselves.  Nevermind the burns you get from the big metal slide.  Anyway... They didn't.  They had pebbles.  Which would be ok, if every time you moved your foot you lost your sandal.  I ended up prancing (yes, prancing) to try and keep the stones away.  Imagine the looks that I received.  Because I got a bunch.

So is there some sort of rule?? Where kids can run is the rubber, but where they swing and slide is the pebbles?? Should I write someone and tell them how uncomfortable the pebbles are?? I mean really, no one hurt themselves.  You just can't walk.  You look like a duck, waddling through to the swings.

By the way, I think I had more fun swinging than he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment