Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reading my novels....

I've mentioned before of my love to read.  How when I pick up a book, it's so very hard for me to put it down until I am done.  I feel the need to expound upon this.  You see, I read a certain kind of book.  It's called Romantic Christian Fiction.  So basically, take away most of the smut, replace it with God, and you've got the story.  I'm not exactly sure when I started reading them, but most likely it was in high school.  And I really haven't stopped.  If you're throwing up in your mouth, please continue reading anyway.

So as very typical when reading these books, I will cry, laugh or smile.  On one evening, I was smiling, and my dear husband looked at me and asked me what was so happy in the book.  I wasn't sure how to say it.  The truth was, they had just gotten married and were ready to share the evening.  I tried to keep it PG!  He asked me how I knew that.  I told him they said it in the book.  This is where the bad part comes.  He said prove it.

I read that part to my husband.  I was giggling like a little school girl.  It sounded so raunchy out loud!!! I guess it's one thing to read it in your mind.  Out loud is just a whole other story.  You should have seen his face.  Oh my!  I think that is the one and only time my husband will ever ask what I am reading, and definitely the only time I will read it to him!  For now, I tell him to mind his own business.  HA!  I already know not to ask him... it will probably be something smart that I don't understand!

Anyone else have this happen to them??????/

2 comments:

  1. No, but that's funny. Did they forget to replace some of the smut with God?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, yes! LOL I'm going to have to write to the author and let her know she missed a section...

    ReplyDelete