Thursday, April 7, 2011

What's for dinner??

One of my most difficult tasks is figuring out what to make for dinner.  Really, this should not be that hard!  Most days I want to call for delivery.  Chinese, pizza, subs... whatever means it arrives at the door the way I want it.  I'm pretty sure I need to start buying stock in some of these companies.  Or they should pay me for free advertising.  Either way.

So a few of my goals is to try and plan ahead for meals.  Also, to surf online to find some great recipes.  And there are some serious great blogs out there with great food ideas!  My main problem is the amount of ingredients.  Here's the truth:  If it's more than six ingredients, I'm not going to make it.  And the easier it is, the more likely I'll try it.  For example, I found a recipe for a six can chicken tortilla soup.  You can bet I made that!  DUDE! A meal from six cans??? YES!! It was total jackpot. 

Here's what I want in life.  I want yummy recipes with little to no work.  I believe it's because I'm lazy.  Also, because my child climbs up my legs as I cook.  I have a cookbook called Six Ingredients Or Less.  I think I need to read through it again. 

Anyone have some yummy, simple recipes????

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried http://allrecipes.com/?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some, but I always find it so difficult to find easy things! Any hints????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I have a new blog and am about to post some "brainless" recipes! guaranteed easy. Link is on my FB profile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is a must do Liz! Trust me, I'm the exact same way when it comes to cooking. I've been amazingly blessed by marrying a crazy man who actually enjoys cooking and thinks it's a stress reliever! Otherwise, I'd live on sandwiches. You'll absoluely LOVE this recipe!

    Creamy Shrimp & Tomato Chowder
    Ingredients
    1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
    1 Tbsp. olive oil
    2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
    8 oz. medium peeled cooked shrimp
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    1/2 cup water
    Directions
    1.In a large saucepan cook onion in hot oil just until tender. Then stir in tomatoes; heat through. Then add shrimp, whipping cream, and water. Cook over medium heat just until hot.
    2.Eat

    ReplyDelete