Monday, April 18, 2011

Taking a day "off"....

Today, I decided to take the day off.  I was very excited about this.  A whole day where I did nothing except feed and take care of my child.  I was going to put my hair up, stay inside, and take lots of naps.  Lots of them.  This was the plan, but this is not what happened.  Boo.  Apparently, since becoming a mother, a day "off" is not real.  It's an imaginary thing that only childless people actually get to do.  It apparently is a figment of my imagination.

I planned for a leisurely shower this morning while Jacob napped.  This became a screaming shower in 5 minutes since Jacob wouldn't nap and so he was in the room with me.  He apparently does not like this.  Then I needed to go to the grocery store to pick up some things for tomorrow.  And then I ended up vacuuming the living room, cleaning dishes, and getting some things ready for tomorrow.

When did it become that a day "off" is never a day off again??? And is there any way to truly get that day back?  What I wouldn't give to spend the whole day reading a book, napping on and off, and eating chocolate.  I feel like I need to wait until Jacob is in school all day.  Then maybe there's a hope that I can just curl up and spend the day in bed!  I guess I can't complain, because I did get a 3-hour nap!

Maybe I'll get my day "off" in 5 more years...!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how that would go. I couldn't accomplish it on my birthday either. Bummer. They're worth it though- keep telling yourself.

    ReplyDelete