Friday, January 13, 2012

A funny story...

I feel the need to capture some of our lighter moments in our household.  We have some pretty frustrating ones, but we also have a lot of endearing and entertaining ones, too!  My 19-month old is a ball full of energy and likes to keep me on my toes.  He makes me laugh and he can make my day with one little smile and hug.

So a few weeks ago, I was preparing to go to choir practice.  I had gotten ready and was trying to put my shoes on.  The problem was I only had one shoe to put on.  The other had mysteriously disappeared!  Being me, I was running a bit later than I wanted to be.  Jacob likes to wear my shoes around the house (heehee) so I took off on a quick journey checking the floor for my missing shoe.

I started to yell for Josh after that first lap, because the shoe was no where in sight.  And choir practice was coming quickly.  Josh asked if I checked the bread maker.  Now, this may not be a normal response, but it was justified.  Our breadmaker is stored on the bottom shelf, and Jacob really enjoyed opening the cabinet and looking in.  I thought that surely it could not be there.  Of course he wouldn't have put it in there.

So I opened the breadmaker lid, and there it was.  My dirty, yucky shoe.  How gross!!!!! We laughed at that trick for awhile.  Luckily it was a once and done issue.  And don't worry, I washed the breadmaker before we used it again!!!  Love those little buggers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment