Monday, January 16, 2012

Poop in the Potty!

What a weekend!  We had some friends visiting from Morgantown and got to spend some time with them this weekend.  And, we had a milestone at our home.  Jacob pooped in the potty for the first time!  I was quite shocked to say the least.  I really didn't think he was ready, and I was not ready to clean him up afterwards.  Gross.  So I decided this was most likely a fluke and wouldn't happen again.

So this morning we peed on the potty before I got him dressed.  And he pooped on the potty AGAIN!  Well, at this point I decided Josh and I must be parenting pretty well and I had my phone ready to dial all my friends who need my advice to get their children potty trained.  I was thinking we were on top of things.  As I'm on the phone with my mom, Jacob comes around the corner.  And what do I smell??

Yep.  You guessed it.  Poop in the diaper.  ARGH!!!!!!!!  There goes my parenting award.  Now I can't call anyone to tell them how to make their kids go in the potty.  Blah.  And I have to clean it up again.  White flag.  I surrender.  Someone else come take care of this!  So I think we'll just keep playing it by ear for awhile.  I'm not sure either of us is ready to go full throttle.

But let me tell you, whether cleaning up poop from a diaper or after going on the potty, both make you want to gag.  I'm ready for the day when he can do this himself!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. My dad made my sister clean her own diaper (cloth) out in the toilet when she wouldn't stop pooping in them, and that was the last time she did it. Don't think this would work for everyone, but it worked for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of others doing that too! When Jacob's a bit older, I might try that! Right now, he thinks it's fun to touch poop. I don't want to unleash that part of him!!!

    ReplyDelete