Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mad Props to the Single Moms/Military Moms

I've been without my husband this week.  He decided it would be fun to go to Texas for a conference.  He did offer for us to go with him, but I couldn't see strapping the child in the car for 11 hours after having arrived home from a 12 hour trip.  I was pretty sure someone would not make it out alive.  So the babe and I stayed home.

Thankfully we had a friend come visit with us for quite a few days (Thanks Kailee!!!!) and have been planning to hang out with others when she wasn't here.  And that made it a tad bit easier.  But let me tell you, this single parenting thing blows some serious chunks.  I decided that yesterday when I was huddled in the corner crying.  Now I laugh about it.  Yesterday, not so much.

You see, this tiny little boy who is so endearing can also be a bit of a terror.  He can now climb up on the desk chair and "play" on the computer, he can uncap pens and draw on the floor/wall/desk and many other things I had hoped he'd never learn how to do.  So after dealing with a lot of not listening, he pooped.

Ok, not a big deal, I've dealt with poop before.  And I'm pretty good at changing it.  That is until the pee starts flying while changing poop.  SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!? He is 19 months old and peeing freely.  I told him to stop.  He didn't listen.  So he ruined the outfit he was wearing.  The rest of his clothing was in the dryer (I may not do laundry as often as I should) so he was without clothing for a good hour.

So I huddled in the kitchen and cried to my husband to come home.  Now.  Unfortunately he is 11 hours away.  It didn't quite happen.  But he'll be here soon, and I can make it 24 more hours.  If not, I'll call in reinforcements.  Or I'll huddle again.  I can do this!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment