Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Pukes

Last night, a lovely stomach virus attacked my husband.  It hasn't yet hit Jacob, but he does have a fever and runny nose... so the countdown is on.  There is just something so gross about sickness.  Before I was a mom, I had no cares if I became sick.  It didn't matter to me if I had to stay home from work.  I actually welcomed it!  Now, I'm that woman with the lysol and panicked look in her face trying to keep the germs away.

It's only a matter of time before Jacob becomes the one throwing up.  We haven't yet experienced him being sick during the day.  The last time he had a stomach virus it was contained to his crib.  I can't even imagine what is going to happen if I have to try and get him to throw up in a bucket or just to stay still so it's not everywhere.  Sigh.

And then I know it will be my turn.  This is the worst option.  Because it's not a weekend and Josh is already taken today to recover, there's no help.  I will be throwing up in the bucket and yelling at Jacob to stop touching the electrical outlet.  I'm pretty sure once this is all over I'm treating myself to a trip to Mexico.  Maybe the Virgin Islands.  Not quite sure.  I'm not sure who's funding it yet, but you better get ready.  Heehee.

So now the wait is on.  Any bets on who will be throwing up next???

No comments:

Post a Comment