Monday, February 7, 2011

Forgetting to change decorations...

As I sit here typing, I glanced up by our kitchen.  I realized that the Christmas cards we have lined up from family and friends are still there.  We never took them down.  They're just chillin', waiting for some loving.  And they're not getting any.  I completely forgot to take them down.  The tree and snowmen all came down the first full week of January, but not those cards. They're stuck there.

Have you ever had this happen?  You put away the big things, get tired, and decide to put something else away later?  And then it just never happens.  Months go by until you remember, CRAP! It's still there!  So maybe this evening when hubby is home to entertain the babe, I will climb up on a chair and bring those babies down.  Although they do add a touch of happiness and love to the room.  Maybe I'll make Jacob cut out hearts and we'll put those up instead.  That would be a fun project with someone older...

I feel the same thing happens with dishes and containers.  Right now, I have a sippy cup sitting on the counter.  It's washed, empty and ready for some sipping.  But it just sits there.  Obviously I haven't forgotten that one.  Laziness maybe?  Ha! Oh well... Maybe someday I'll remember to put the cards away AND the sippy cup too...

Anything you forgot to put away??

3 comments:

  1. Well we totally took down everything inside, but have yet to touch the outside decor...ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's family used to leave the Christmas decorations up in their house until his birthday- March 4th. So, naturally when I went to take them down on January 6th, he was not having any of it. So, we made a compromise as most of us married folks have to. They came down (finally) at the end of January. Secretly though, I love having Christmas lights up all around the house. It's kind of romantic in a way, isn't it? Love you, Lizzie. It's awesome to read your blog all the time. Miss you a ton. Phone date this week? When are you free?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I wouldn't do that until it's at least 55 degrees outside!! For now, you can consider them "winter lights"!

    Kate, very romantic! And it's fun to watch snow fall with dimmed lighting! And how good of you to compromise!! Yes, please for a phone date! I'm open Thursday afternoon or all day Friday!

    ReplyDelete