Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm ready to resign...

I'm thinking about resigning my job.  I'm ready to tell Josh that I'm giving my two weeks notice.  Please tell me you've felt this way!!!!  Jacob has a cold/fever again.  Bllaaahhh.  Which means super duper fussy baby.  I thought when babes were sick, they were supposed to sleep a lot and cuddle.  Mine does not prefer to do so.  He would rather yell at the top of his lungs and be held while standing.  And frankly, I'm tired!  There's not much sleeping during the night, either.  My oh my.

So with that, I've decided to resign.  I'm going to give my notice and then hopefully hire a nanny.  Then I'll just sit in my room with my brand new TV I bought, drink my chocolate milk, and eat brownies.  That definitely sounds like the life!  Unfortunately, I don't believe my resignation will be accepted.  And frankly, I don't quite want to go back to work and have to use my brain besides labeling colors and shapes and making animal noises.

Let's just hope this fever breaks, the cold disappears and my baby learns to be quieter.  Otherwise, I may no longer be a stay-at-home mom.  Don't worry, I'll keep you updated.  If you know of any part-time, large paying, hardly working jobs, please let me know. 

Have you ever wanted to or tried to resign??

2 comments:

  1. Take heart, Liz! This too, shall pass! Not all babies cuddle when they're not feeling well. : ( Pray over him...sing to him. God will give you the strength. Hang in there! You're so blessed to BE ABLE to stay at home and have to deal with him being sick. Would you really want some stranger caring for that precious blessing? (especially when he's sick?) A break, of course, would be wonderful! If we lived closer, I'd take him for a while in a heartbeat ~ Just so you could rest and be renewed! Look to your Heavenly Father for the rest you need. He's got you in the palm of His hand! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so so so much for your encouraging words! I wish you would live near me just to give me these nuggets of wisdom!!!

    ReplyDelete