Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Naps are beautiful!!

I had promised you blogs all week, and I failed yesterday.  That's only day two.  I have a bad record so far!!  The problem?  I decided to nap.  I figured there was no way I could make it to date time without a few moments of rest.  But the few moments turned into a solid 2 hours.  And I woke up on my own.  Jacob slept for 3 hours.  WHOA!  I have to say, it was the best nap we've had since he's been born.  Oh I love naps!

There's just something so wonderful as having the time and ability to crawl back into bed, hide under the covers, and snooze.  Just typing about it makes me want to go take one right now!  I think my biggest fear currently about having another child is the lack of naps that will happen.  I can't nap if both babes aren't napping!!  I might have to teach Jacob to play by himself so when I can nap when the next one comes.  Or we're going to have to invest in afternoon daycare.  For some reason, I don't think Josh will be receptive to that.

I think part of me has accepted that after the birth of the next child, naps will be a thing of the past.  And that makes me very sad inside.  I guess my hope is that eventually, after all kids are in school, I can get my naps back.  I will be one well-rested mama!  Unfortunately I have a strange feeling I might be working part-time.  No naps for me ever again!  Sadness...

Am I the only one still taking naps???

3 comments:

  1. Oh no you are not alone! Since being pregnant with bahy #2, I nap like 3-4 times a week! FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't back to work, I would be taking naps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, YAY! I'm so glad I'm not alone!! And you're going to have to give me lots of advice about adding another baby!!

    Steph, there's always weekends, right??? I'll tell Jon to let you quit so you can nap too!!

    ReplyDelete