Thursday, February 17, 2011

IT'S ALMOST SPRING!!!!!!

So today is like manna from heaven.  It is GORGEOUS outside!!!!!! I had the windows down in the car, we played in the grass and we're going for a walk later today.  How can you NOT love it out there?!?! Oh my goodness!  It makes me want to frolic outside.  That's right, I said frolic.  I know secretly you love that word.

So today was our first experience in the grass.  I took out a blanket just to ease the transition to the grass.  He seemed very interested at first, touching the grass and such.  So I moved him right onto the grass.  Bad idea.  It was pretty much over at that point.  He started crying and trying to crawl into my lap.  And then I made it worse by making him stand in the grass.  Whooooa.  Bad idea mom.  Eventually got him distracted with a leaf.  I think he may have tried to touch the grass a few more times, and he definitely tried to eat some of it.  But he didn't last more than 10 minutes.

I love seeing him explore something new or try something for the first time.  Whether it's food or grass, that excitement and bewilderment is such an exciting thing to see!  I love the wide eyes.  I hate the times though that he looks fearful.  I'm glad that I can be there in those moments to comfort him and walk him through the fear.  Although sometimes I'm pretty sure I reinforce the fear!  I have to admit, I'm nervous for the spiders to show up.  I think he'll go after them and I'll scream and try and kill it.  I guess that will be a post for the future!

What was your favorite thing to introduce to your child??

No comments:

Post a Comment