Monday, December 6, 2010

I love my snuggle bunny...

Today was my first lunch date from my bad heart post. Thanks Karen!!! I have a few more to go... but it was SO much fun!! And I loved loved loved catching up! So while we were there, Jacob got really sleepy. You could tell he was struggling to keep his eyes open. It was so sweet! But he just couldn't get himself to go to sleep.

There is one way he'll sleep. Put him in the car and start rolling. By the time we were home, he was OUT. I woke him up to get him out of his car seat, and then put him right into his crib. It was that bit of transition time that was my favorite. He cuddled his head right into my neck and started snoring again. I did put him pretty quickly into the crib, but that moment of holding him sweetly was enough to get me through some of his crying today.

What is it about a sleeping, cuddly baby that just makes everything about the world right? And it also makes me feel like the most important thing I can ever do is protect him from everything. It makes me want to keep him home and away from troubles and sadness forever! I never want him to feel pain or have his hopes dashed. Yes, I know this is unrealistic. But something about that cuddly little baby makes me want to make sure he never hurts.

What was your favorite cuddle moment??

No comments:

Post a Comment