Monday, December 20, 2010

Preparing for the Holidays...

I can't believe Jacob is six and a half months old, AND it's Christmas-time!  Where did the last year of my life go??  I can't believe how slow it seemed a year ago, and how fast this year.  Just crazy!  But now I face a whole new challenge.  Last year at this time, it was SO easy to be gone for 10 days, visit anyone we wanted to, and pack.  This year?  A whole different ball game!

Now we have to figure out what to get a little boy that is special enough for a first Christmas.  I'm pretty sure Jacob will only care about the wrapping paper, but there's still something special about his first Christmas gift.  And then, we get to travel.  I am SO thankful for wonderful parents and in-laws who want to see us and put up with us for a few days.  So now we prepare.  I need to make my packing list and check it about nineteen times.  You almost would think they don't have stores near where we're going, the way I'm thinking about packing!

So in the end, truly, I am excited to share this holiday with him.  Definitely one of my favorites!  And I'm so excited for him to be loved on by his grandparents and family.  And the food!  I'm definitely excited about that!  The blog will most likely be non-existent for the next two weeks.  I should be back to writing in 2011!  That is weird...  anyone remember worrying about 2000?  Man!

What is your favorite part of the next two weeks??

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment