Monday, January 3, 2011

The tip toe game....

We are finally back from our whirlwind trip!  We had such a wonderful time and Jacob completely enjoyed all of the attention and love lavished on him.  And boy did he get some awesome toys, clothes and books!  And a mini soccer ball.  How adorable!  So now the game is to find space for everything.  Josh says he's coming home tonight and reorganizing as well as throwing things away! 

As we were traveling, we learned a new game.  I would like to call it the "tip toe" game.  Jacob was very excited to sleep in the room we were in.  So excited that he woke up and hung out with us in the middle of the night.  The reason?? My tip toeing does not work.  I thought I could enter the room stealthily, take out my contacts, change into my pjs and get into bed without waking the baby.  I was seriously wrong.

I don't think I've ever held my breath or paused mid-motion than I did this past week.  It was amazing how easily I could just stop moving and wait.  At one point, I stood still for 3 minutes waiting for him to settle down.  I'm also amazed that apparently my husband has this tip-toeing ability.  And honestly, it makes me a bit jealous.  He needs to teach me the finer points of the game.

All in all, we survived sleeping in the same room and are very excited that it won't happen again for awhile!  Maybe by then he'll sleep like a log.  And I'll be able to learn how to tip-toe...

Have you ever had to tip-toe?  Do you have any tips or pointers????

No comments:

Post a Comment