Friday, January 7, 2011

The tale of the traveling poop...

I think my son has found a new game to play with me.  Lately, it seems that when we drive anywhere, he decides to poop.  Yes, yes, I'm all for getting things out that need to come out.  But this is becoming a little ridiculous.  As soon as we left on our way to a family party, he started the familiar sounds and facial expressions.  Ugh.  And then today, when arriving downtown, the familiar stench wafted to my nose.  Double ugh.

I don't very much like to change poop.  But that's not the worst part.  It's the fact that it's winter and it's cold.  On the first trip, we couldn't wait another hour and a half to change him.  Today, there was no changing pad in the building we were headed to.  So I did the horrible.  I changed him in the car.  You may not think that is horrible if you've never done it before. 

Let me describe the first situation for you.  I didn't feel it would be nice to have the door open and expose him to the frigid cold.  So I tried to change his diaper in his car seat.  Epic. Fail.  The poop was so far up the back and I couldn't get to it by myself.  So I called in Josh for reinforcements.  The kid was almost upside down while I tried to pry the poop off of him.  Goodness.

So today, I thought I'd take another route.  I decided I would just expose him to the cold.  Bad idea.  He screamed for the entire change.  Frankly, I was expecting some pee in my face based on the temperature.  Thankfully I didn't get it.  I know you were all thinking what a good story that would make!

So I'm out of ideas.  How do I change the poop without getting him cold?? I need ideas mommas! Help me out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Try changing him in the passengers side seat while you're in the driver's side? Just a thought if you can't fit in the car with him laying somewhere in the back seat. I've changed my kids on our van floor before too...gotta do what you gotta do sometimes! Hopefully he won't continue in this trend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that before! I think I should make Josh move to the back or he can change it! We tried the middle, but that failed! It's so much easier in summertime when I can just change him on the car. HA! I hope he doesn't continue the trend too!!

    ReplyDelete