Thursday, January 27, 2011

I love to shower!

I always dreaded having a child simply because I was afraid I wouldn't get to shower anymore.  You understand, don't you?  You've heard stories from moms who say they didn't get a shower in the last week or more.  Ones who couldn't brush their teeth or go to the bathroom until their husbands came home for the day.  And honestly, I freaked out.  Really!?!?! I couldn't IMAGINE not brushing my teeth or pottying for hours on end.  And, horror of horrors, NOT showering!?!?! Are you serious?!?!?!?!

I think I have realized I have an unhealthy obsession with showering.  I love it.  I cannot go three or four or more days without showering!  In fact, I can't go more than 24 hours without getting in there!  So now my issue is finding time.  I *will* make time to shower!  I'll put that baby boy in a bouncy seat or for a nap or anywhere I can so I can feel clean again.  Yes, it will be a short shower in case he decides to be awake instead of asleep, but it's a shower no matter what!

I'm not sure how this will all work if we add another child into the mix.  I may have to wait to have the next child until this one can function by himself while I shower.  Either that or I'm going to do a lot of cleanup with the crayon marks on the walls.  To get my shower, I may just be willing to do that!  Either way, that shower is MINE!

What daily task can you not live without??

2 comments:

  1. I think that sometimes...we go too far in our desire of wanting to be a good parent. (not you, society in general)

    Let's be honest. Baby isn't going to die if they spend 15 minutes fussing in the crib while mom takes a shower and brushes her teeth. Of course...that's not going to be a very relaxing experience for any mother, so we try to find work arounds. Nap times, bouncy seats...or just taking them in with you all works. :) Celia used to love to play in the shower when I was in there...but I was SO worried I would get soap or shampoo in her little eyes.

    Honestly...there are times that days will go by that I don't shower. In the winter...if I'm not sweating....there's just no need. Plus, the older I get, the more dry my skin gets, and skipping showers helps. (I know, sounds gross. Promise you'll let me know if I ever stink, K?)

    I used to be the same way though. Had to shower ever day. Could not stand to be sandy, ever. Or get wet from the rain. I still don't really like those things, but they don't freak me out as much (sticky does though. ick!) So I guess either motherhood or getting older has increased my tolerance level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know if you ever stink! Ha!! I haven't smelled you yet! I love that idea about bringing baby in... I never thought of it!! I'm definitely one who doesn't like getting wet in the rain... so I'm hoping that changes! LOL

    ReplyDelete