Friday, January 21, 2011

Cooking from scratch...

I had a brilliant idea.  I forgot to buy sub rolls for the meatballs for dinner.  So, I'm going to make rolls.  Yep, you read it right.  I am making sub rolls.  Does anyone else want to pray for Josh and I because of our stomachs??  I'm pretty sure we might die... Or at least maybe some food poisoning??  I mean it, you all better pray.  And lots of it.

I feel like as a stay-at-home mom, I'm required to make meals from scratch.  Every single one of them.  And let's be honest, I do NOT like to do that!  I think it's because my mom and mother-in-law both do it.  Of course, not *every* meal is from scratch, but in a week at least 3 of them are.  And I am not measuring up!  Even though I'm making sub rolls from scratch, the meatballs are frozen from the store.  And the sauces are bottled.  But I'm making sub rolls!! HA!

It makes me wonder what I would have done if I had lived in the 1800s.  I'm pretty sure I'd spend the entire day in bed, crying.  Really, how did those women do it??  They NEEDED to be at home!  They had no refrigerator, electricity, vacuum cleaner.  My goodness.  I am grateful for living in the 2000s!!!!!!!!  I just can't imagine what Jacob will do when he's 20.  They'll probably have some button that makes your meals, no prep necessary.

Do you make meals from scratch???

1 comment:

  1. Very few meals from scratch get done. And when you work part time your hungry hubby soemtimes cooks things- yay! I made yummy turkey pesto paninis last night and I didn't make bread or smoke my own meat and they tasted totally delish!

    ReplyDelete