Monday, January 31, 2011

The detriment of chocolate milk...

First of all, I want a bonus point for having the word detriment in the title.  In case you're not sure, that's a big word for me.

I enjoy chocolate milk (as you all know).  And I like to have it in the morning and before I go to bed.  I find it relaxing and calming.  It reminds me of being a child.  Although I don't think my mom allowed me to have chocolate milk as a child... Anyway!  This morning I put my chocolate milk glass on the floor and put away some of Jacob's clothes.  Moms, do you see my mistake?  Apparently, when your child scoots, chocolate milk should not be on the floor.

I think my first clue was the quietness in the other room.  He had been fussing and then stopped.  I figured he just found something to play with.  Well, he did.  It happened to be my chocolate milk.  He tipped the glass.  All over the floor.  We now have a nice chocolate milk ring residue.  I thought I did pretty good cleaning it up, but you can totally still see it.  I know am convinced we need to clean the carpet in here yearly.

My favorite part was while I was cleaning up the chocolate milk, Josh was trying to clean up Jacob.  Somehow while washing his hands his sleeves became soaked.  Intriguing!  All I know is that I was very grateful to be able to concentrate on cleaning up while Josh concentrated on occupying the child.  Lesson learned.

What has your child spilled on the floor?  And, if you don't have children, what have YOU spilled on the floor??

No comments:

Post a Comment