Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One of "those" days...

First, I love how excited these people get in the French's commercial when they add mustard.  Really? No one gets that excited... sorry French's...

Ok, to the post.  Today is one of "those" days.  I think the last 24 hours have been one of "those" last 24 hours.  Jacob fell off the chair, he banged his lip on the play area today, and I forgot to get stuff from the grocery store last night so I have to go back.  Yep, one of "those" days.  I've decided the solution is to throw your hands up in the air, and eat some chocolate.  At least, that's how I've been dealing with "those" days.  Just ask my chocolate milk.

I know every mom has these kind of days, and that almost makes me feel better.  At first I think about how everyone must be judging my parenting since my child hurt himself again.  Now I've decided that's not what they're doing at all.  Now, they're reliving the moment when they did the same thing to their child. Maybe this isn't entirely true, but I really hope it is.  I'm not sure if it's a full moon lately, but the kids are getting worse.  One friend's daughter peed in the tub.  Another one spilled milk at 2:00 am.  At least I know I'm not alone in this.  There are others that are wanting to bang their heads against the wall too.

So the real issue is figuring out how to not bang your head and to turn your day around.  I know that I can change my day with my attitude.  I know I don't have to eat the pudding cups that I bought.  But what if I don't want to?  What if those pudding cups sound pretty darn good to me??  The problem is that not all mom's seem to give into this.  Those are the ones I want to be when I grow up.  And maybe God is just putting me through all of this so I can learn to do that.  For today, I might eat the pudding cup.  Tomorrow I'll learn how to deal with this...

Go on, tell me about your last one of "those" days....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment