Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I now like the thing I used to hate most...

Many years ago, if you asked me to shovel snow, I would most likely growl at you.  Under my breath of course.  And I would do it, but I would be angry.  So, as most of you know, some snow showed up over the last 24 hours.  About 4 inches I think?? I'm always pretty bad at estimating... if you're in Morgantown, correct me!  So it came as a big shock to myself that I wanted to clean my car off.  What?!?  This is the task I threatened Josh with every morning before work. 

I just have no idea what caused this shift in my desires.  I actually wanted to do it. And I was joyful doing it.  Except that the snow plow guy was staring me down.  That was weird.  So clean it off I did.  And then I moved it to a clean spot.  I feel so accomplished!  I think there maybe a few reasons why I wanted to clean off the snow. 

  1. I chose to do it.  No one was forcing me to, and there was no money at the end.  Although maybe I should pay myself.  That would be awesome!  Who wants to go out??? 
  2. I wasn't in dress clothes.  I wasn't in high heels and stumbling around.  I had my boots, heavy coat, gloves and sweatpants.  Yep, I'm in my sweatpants.  
  3. I wanted out of the house.  I think this is my strongest reason.  If I recall correctly, before this afternoon I hadn't been out of the house since Sunday.  Granted, some people came to hang with me yesterday, but I did not leave.  Except to run out quick and return a bracelet!  
 All I know is maybe this being a stay at home mom has created some habits and desires my husband may appreciate.  That and cooking!  He'll be happy when he comes home!!!!

Any strange desires you've developed??  Do you like to remove snow??

2 comments:

  1. I love cleaning and keeping the house tidy. You used to live with me...you know how strange this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I love it!!!! I'll come shovel your snow and you come keep my house clean?? I hate cleaning my house now!!!

    ReplyDelete