Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's not in my control...

We've been struggling in our household lately.  Maybe, more accurately, *I* have been struggling in our household lately.  My frustration level has been quite high as well as my eating level.  It's amazing how easily food finds its way into my mouth when I'm stressed.  And I just have no idea why I can't lose weight.  Hmmm.  I feel like there's a direct correlation here...

So anyway, after some soul searching by myself, with Beth Moore and with my husband, I think I'm finally ready to deal with this issue.  You see, I want to control everything.  And if it doesn't go exactly to plan, I get upset.  Because, obviously, the fact that it's snowing is in my control.  So when it starts to snow and cancel my plans, I go find a cookie or chocolate milk or whatever I'm desiring.  The same happens when Jacob is fussing and I don't want him to.  I can change his diaper, feed him, make sure he's comfortable and he may still fuss.

So my new motto?  It's not in my control.  I can't control that it's snowing, that Jacob isn't happy playing, that my husband won't buy me a new car.  But God can.  The second part?  It's in God's hands.  I feel like this is the one reason I am getting through today.  My husband is at school teaching, and it's snowing.  I'm worried about him getting home safely.  But I can't control the situation.  The good part is I know the Person who can.  And I can talk to Him and He can fix it. 

So for now, it's in His hands, and out of mine.  And I'm good with that.  Now, if it can translate into not drinking a gallon of chocolate milk...

Do you have a daily saying to keep on keepin' on??

No comments:

Post a Comment