Monday, January 10, 2011

The evil vacuum cleaner...

Today, I cleaned.  Please hold your applause!  I know, it's shocking!  Anyway, some ladies are coming over tomorrow and you could see fuzzies and such hanging out.  So I knew it was time.  I've been having some issues lately in deciding the best time to vacuum.  I had tried during Jacob's naps, but that was a bad idea.  He would wake up and scream for awhile.  So then I vacuumed only when Josh was home so he could calm Jacob down.  That seemed to work greatly!

So today I decided to wait until Jacob was awake and try to vacuum then.  Fail.  He screamed.  A lot.  So I held him and vacuumed.  I think I almost died.  That kid is heavy!  Anyway, the cleaning was less than neat but I think I got most of the spots!  Now I am left wondering what to do the next time.  I tried to reason with Jacob (which works well with a 7 month old) to tell him that I controlled the vacuum and he was safe.  We touched the vacuum and talked to it.  And then I turned it on again.  Screaming.  I know it seems silly to reason with a 7 month old but I've always promised myself I would give him reasons when I tell him no.  So I'm working on that with anything that scares him or that he shouldn't do.

But even with all of this reasoning, he is still scared.  He is still frightened of that machine, and I definitely do not want him to be!  Especially since I want him to do this chore when he grows older so I don't have to... HA!  I've questioned a few moms, but I still need more help!  Any tips??

What chore makes you want to scream??

No comments:

Post a Comment