Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm a stressed out momma!

Do you ever have these days/weeks??  I really don't think I should complain because I *could* be working full-time.  But, I'm going to complain anyway.  Maybe I can pretend it's "venting" so it feels nicer.  This week we have a plethora of things going on, all of which are AWESOME fun!  Today, we are going shopping once Jacob wakes up from his nap.  Tuesday is a playdate, Wednesday is a funeral and set-up for MOPS, Thursday is MOPS, Friday is Mom's Night Out at the WOW Factory.  Seriously, that is a FUN week!  The part that stresses me out is preparation.

Before, I could just grab my purse and out the door I went.  Now, I have to get the diaper bag, bottles, food, water, snacks, bibs, burp cloths and whatever else I am momentarily forgetting.  If he's staying here, I have to write directions out for babysitters.  MAN.  I miss those days!!  I think the worst part is my mind preparing.  I can so easily get out of control about the things I need to do while sitting at the computer playing on Facebook.  But the moment I start preparing, it goes smoothly.  It's all a mind game!

It's almost become that it's just easier to stay home, so we do.  And I don't like that.  Even though we're parents, I still want us to go out and have fun.  Even if that means taking the harder route and packing up the kitchen sink.  So, while I blog and stress about getting things ready to go shopping, I'll try to remember that the end goal is worthwhile.  And we can go out with success!  Here's to hoping for a great shopping experience!!

What stresses you out???

1 comment: