Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My trip to the dentist...

What an exciting topic!  Yes, the dentist.  Ugh.  In my mind, I had this unrealistic expectation that since I now stay-at-home, I could go to the dentist during the middle of the day when the sun was shining and birds were chirping.  Wrong.  Josh needed to watch Jacob, so I went this morning (when it was still dark out) at 8am to the torture chamber. 

I have to admit, I had a new dental hygienist today and she was fantastic.  Shout-out to Martha! Woot! And she was sort of gentle.  But my gums still bled.  Yes, if I would floss it wouldn't be this way.  But I hate flossing.  It's just so unnatural.  So I prefer instead to lose a pint of blood during my bi-yearly visit.  The good news?  No cavities!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the first time since I have been 18 that they have taken x-rays and I haven't had a cavity.  I thought my teeth were supposed to be worse after pregnancy?? Apparently, I should have more kids!  In due time, of course!

But as I was sitting in the chair tensing up and trying to not cry, I realized that in a few short years, I will need to bring Jacob to the dentist.  And somehow, I will have to make him believe this place is not the torture chamber I believe it is.  I will somehow have to make him think it's awesome.  And I'm not sure how to do that.  Not when I try to delay my appointments as long as I can before feeling guilty.  Oh dentist, why can you not be more enjoyable????

What is your worst and favorite part of the dentist???

No comments:

Post a Comment