Friday, January 14, 2011

The first question I'm asked...

Everytime someone finds out I have a small child, their first question is, "Does he sleep through the night?"  I think that's mean.  I now firmly believe this is a question that should never be asked.  I think, instead, they should ask, "When can I keep your child for a night?"

The reason why I do not like this question is because, obviously, the answer is no.  Jacob will tease us every once in awhile and pretend like he's "fixed".  And then he'll wake up the next night for an hour and a half.  Boo.  I almost want to lie.  I almost want to say, "Yes! He's been sleeping through the night since he was 3 weeks old!"  Yes, it would be a terrible lie.  But then I wouldn't have to listen to advice.  Yes, yes, we've done that.  Mmmhmm we tried that.  Yep, did that too.  At 7 months, we have tried EVERYTHING.  Besides putting him outside until the morning.  For some reason, people frown on that option.  Who knows why.

I won't lie.  I'll tell people the truth.  Yes, my child is over 7 months old, and no, he doesn't sleep through the night.  He'd rather hang out with mom & dad.  Even when mom threatens to sell him to the Russians.  I guess I should just be glad people aren't asking me if I'm pregnant again...

What is the first question you get asked???

2 comments:

  1. I get asked the same one...and no Bryan isn't sleeping through consistently either. My mom reminds me that I didn't sleep through until I was 10 months old...so I guess that I won't complain about the few nights of uninterrupted sleep that I do get. And unlike you, my sisters are already asking when the next baby is coming! I can't wait for their turn...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we're not alone!! HA! I need to start a middle of the night support group... I guess I can't say too much because I keep asking my sister-in-law when my next nephew/niece is going to show up!! You'll have to make sure you pay them back with the same types of questions!!! HA!

    ReplyDelete