Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I like my food HOT!

So there is a crazy phenomenon I've discovered between a husband and wife. In most cases, one person likes their food piping hot. The other wants it a tad colder. I discovered this approximately 3.5 years ago. The first time I pulled dinner out of the oven (yes, I do this on occasion), I tried to feed it to my husband quickly. His response?? "It's too hot" (usually said in a bit of a whiny voice). He then waits 10+ minutes and then will eat it.

I found out that this happens with other couples too. When we were at Thanksgiving, Josh's one cousin told her husband that the food was her husband's food-liking temperature. I guess I should be thankful. Because of this temperature issue, I can usually eat my food first while Josh watches Jacob, and then we switch while he eats his "cold" food. I can't tell you how much this boggles my mind, though! Really, who doesn't like their food super hot???

So for now, we eat about 10 minutes apart. And I continually yell at him that his food is getting cold. And he shrugs. Oh husband of mine. I guess in the end it's the bets of both worlds? We'll see what Jacob prefers when he grows older!!

Do you have this issue in your household??

2 comments:

  1. We do have this issue in our house. I like my food hot. As for Will, he always complains that the food is to hot to eat or the beverage is to hot to drink. I will cook him an omelet on Saturday morning, tell him it is done and to come eat. He will show up about 5 mins later and say it is either to hot or good. Me on the other hand would say that it is too cold and would not eat it. Also, when he makes coffee or gets a coffee out, he has to put an ice chunk or two in it to cool it off...That is silly...Isn't coffee suppose to be hot??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a piping hot person, too. Especially with hot drinks. And then I burn the top of my mouth over and over again. haha!

    ReplyDelete