Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My little burrito...

Do you remember how I said before I don't follow all the rules?  Well, one of the "rules" is never use a blanket with your baby.  We've used a blanket since he's been about a month old.  The reason is so they don't pull it over their heads.  Which makes sense, except my baby sleeps on his tummy.  A few times now I've started to worry as he's been able to grasp the blanket. 

But lately, Jacob has created a new ability.  He rolls to both sides and then back to his tummy.  By doing this, he gets the blanket wrapped around him.  Really, he looks like a burrito!  He keeps his hands out, so he's still able to fling his pacifier back behind the crib to lands unknown.  I love watching the different ways he sleeps.  His hands have always been over his head, but sometimes the land on a crib slat or outside the crib.

There is just something so wonderful and peaceful about a sleeping baby.  The sweet way they breathe in and out, the fact that they're no longer crying.  It's just wonderful!  I could watch Jacob sleep all day long.  Except then he would either wake up or I would fall asleep.  And we all know babies don't sleep all day, ever! 

What is your favorite part of watching a baby sleep??

Still looking for guest writers!  Please let me know if you're interested!!

No comments:

Post a Comment