Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don't mess with our routine!!

I believe it's been in the last few days that I've finally realized how much of a routine I've created for Jacob. I have worked so hard to get him to take his naps; to go to bed; to wait 3 hours to eat (granted, if he's hungry before that, I let him eat). But, oh, I have struggled and fought to get that in place! I think Jacob already knows that I mean business. That minute I walk in there and lay him down, he had better close his little eyes and drift into dreamland.

Last night, the routine changed. And it was disasterous. I think I made up that word. Anyway, it just didn't work. Jacob wouldn't go to sleep. He knew that the "enforcer" was not putting him to sleep, and so he worked his little charm to get back up a few times. I know he's only 3 months old, but I swear that kid knows things!!!!! I think already he knows who to manipulate to get his way. And he does it! Now, I have to admit, it was the cutest thing to hear him "talking" when he was supposed to be sleeping. But, oh how I crave for that quiet time to relax before I go to bed!

So, what's the moral? Don't mess with the routine! Yeah, maybe later I'll admit it should be more flexible. But, not right now! And let me tell you little boy... Momma is stubborn. And when she says it's time to go to bed, you ARE going to bed!

What thing do you want to tell people not to mess with???

No comments:

Post a Comment