Monday, September 13, 2010

The trials of babes...

So we're having a bit of trouble in our household. The babe is not pooping. Really. He's been on meds, and still nothing. Nothing! Is this too personal?? Anyway, I have no idea what to do anymore. I've tried the bicycle legs, and many other things I'm not sure I should write about!!!

I feel helpless. Have you ever felt this way as a mother?? There's absolutely nothing I can do to help him. I would change places with him in a heartbeat! This intense love I have for this little bugger makes me want to change the entire world to make sure he's never in pain, never hurting, never unhappy.

I have to admit, that intense love took a bit to develop. But, as I woke up at 5:30 am and decided to make sure he was still breathing, it's definitely there now! It's amazing how such a small little baby can create such intense emotions in you. It's honestly nothing I have ever experienced before! And, for the rest of the day, I will be working on getting my babe to poop. Because, I hate that he's hurting!!

So, what thing makes you feel helpless??

1 comment:

  1. Does he seem to be unhappy with it or uncomfortable? We went through this with Celia...and I discovered long after the fact that breastfed babies (sorry if i'm making an incorrect assumption there) can go a long time without needing to go!

    ReplyDelete