Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What age is the best???

So I was talking to some other mothers on Sunday, and they were commenting how they wanted to go back to the baby stage because all you had to do was "give them a bottle." I almost stood up and yelled, "OH NO YOU DON'T!" I did contain myself a bit... by kindly reminding them that you do not sleep. Ever. Ok, slight exaggeration. You only sleep two hours or three hours at a time unless your babe likes you. Right now, mine doesn't.

So as I was discussing this with my mother (Shout out to Mom! Hello!!), she said she would remind me of this when Jacob is 2 and driving me batty. And then, she said something profound. Yes, mother, you want to write this day and time down. She said there are good parts and bad parts to each age.

How true!! I can't wait until Jacob can crawl. But then, he's crawling! I can't wait until he goes to school. But then I'll know less in his eyes and he'll be away from me for 8 hours! Although I'll be able to clean then! Heehee...

So, what was your favorite age of your child??? And what is the age you wanted to crawl in a ball and wait for it to all be over??

1 comment:

  1. I think every ages has it's things that are the best...and the worst.

    Probably the very worst (for Celia) was either under 3 months (colicy, fussy, nursing issues)...or the whole 3rd year (insanity. sheer insanity).

    For Jordan...he's been pretty easy. But he went through this things in early elementary school where he serious talked NONSTOP. I thought if I had to hear one more thing about Legos or Pokemon or Star Wars I would lose my mind.

    ReplyDelete