Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Laundry, how I hate you...

Yesterday, I did two loads of laundry. Today, I did one. And I hate it. HATE LAUNDRY. I don't mind washing it or drying it. It's the folding that gets me. Yes, it's nice to have that ugly pile into a neat little stack, but getting there is atrocious.

Somewhere between pulling the laundry out of the dryer and getting it to the floor (or bed, or wherever), I lose a sock or two. Clothes fall on the ground. And then they're not clean anymore. But I am NOT going to wash them again! So then to the folding area they go.

When we first got married, Josh showed me how he liked his shirts folded. Well, for three year I did it that way. Somewhere around having Jacob, I decided it would no longer be that way. Now they are folded the way I want them folded. And I still find them a pain!

If someone could PLEASE invent a folder I would love you forever. You would be my best friend and I would give you kisses. Lots and lots of kisses. And some hugs too.

What is your least favorite part of laundry??

2 comments:

  1. Liz--3 things:

    1) I really like reading your blog and hang my head in shame that this is the first time I've commented...you inspire me to start keeping ours up to date.

    2) You're going to smack me for this, but I love laundry. every part of it. Even shopping for good deals on detergent, in fact, I have no less than 10 bottles stocked up. I also do cloth diapers and love it--it's insanity, I know.

    3) I read your post about the formula...I'm not sure what kind Jacob is on, but we did a short stint of supplementing Liam's mommy milk with Nutramigen (it ended up he didn't need the soy so we stopped). I wasn't happy about having to supplement, but I've done some research and found out that the store brands (Parents choice at Walmart and Up and Up at Target) have the same ingredients as the name brand...and literally cost half as much. There are all different kinds too (generic Similac, generic Enfamil, and all kinds of gentle and soy varieties) so I bet you could find what you need in the store brand. Not that you need it now with 8 cans in stow...

    Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jayme!!! Just know that I will now drive to you every week for you to do my laundry...yes?? Also, I've heard some other people talk about the generic too! I need to try it... usually we're at Kroger but I don't think they do any generic... anyway, I hope you're doing well!! I love the pictures of Liam!!!

    ReplyDelete