Monday, November 8, 2010

My child is bipolar...

Let's start with this post probably isn't going where you think it will.

With that said, my child has two personalities. He has a certain personality with his mother, and one with everyone else. And the one with everyone else is MUCH different than the one with me! My child loves to scream with me. He will very loudly tell me when he wants to nap or when he wants to be awake. He tells me when he wants to eat and when he wants to play.

But then, when he gets with grandma, his aunt, babysitters, nursery workers, it's like another child has formed! He is sweet, and giggles and is just the happiest little boy. What is this phenomenon? Does this happen with every child??? I guess it's a good thing that he likes other people, but what about his mommy?? I guess I can think of it that he trusts me enough to be himself. HA. As long as I get the happy parts along with the crying parts, I think I can handle it!

Does your child have a different personality around different people???

4 comments:

  1. Yep, Audrey did that - was good for everyone else, but cranky with me at home. I decided I would rather have it that way than the opposite. She turned out to be a social butterfly with lots of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Mrs. B! Now the question is, is she still that way today?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cousin who is now a senior in high school, but she is still that way! She is so much nicer when her mother is not around.

    Hopefully Jacob grows out of it a lot more quickly than that though.

    ReplyDelete