Friday, November 5, 2010

Party Time!!!!!

Today, my nephew is one. ONE! Can you believe it?? I can't!! It definitely takes me back to November 5, 2009. I'm sure it takes my sister-in-law back too in a different way!! HA. But I remember getting the phone call that she was going in for delivery, and then my brother called when he was born. There was just such a joy knowing that my first nephew was born and I was going to get to love on this little boy like none other!

And now, a year! Mad props to my sister-in-law and brother for surviving it! HA. It definitely makes me realize that I can do it too! At least, I hope so. I mean, really, is there an alternative?? I think not! But watching them go through all of these ups and downs shows me that I can do it too. Honestly, my sister-in-law and brother have become my role models (along with our parents)! Whether or not they like it! I totally look up to how they are raising Shane with consistency and love. And I want to be like that too!

Now granted, our children will not turn out like clones, but if Jacob is as sweet and kind as Shane is at one, I will count my blessings! But for now, I'm going to party. Because, who doesn't like watching a little boy eat cake and his first ice cream?!? I know I do!!!

Who do you look up to in parenting??

1 comment:

  1. The party was so much fun, but then Shane was sick too this week and now he's learned to shake his head no so now we have a new problem :).

    ReplyDelete