Thursday, October 7, 2010

And the little one said, "Roll over!"...

For many days, Jacob has been close to rolling over. He would go to his side and contort his entire body, but he just could not get the whole way over! He would try over, and over, and over again. No success. We'd put him near the TV so he'd strain to watch it. Day after day we "practiced" since he wanted to be on his belly anyway!

And then, on Tuesday, he did it! His little hands clasped, and his head picked up off the blanket, and over he went!! I was so excited that I scared him by cheering so loudly. The ped was talking about how neat it is when it's your child reaching the milestone, and I so understood it at that moment. Seeing my child accomplish this milestone was amazing. I was so proud!! Especially after thinking he would never, ever do it!

Sometimes, I think God looks at us the same way. And today, that's something I need to remember. He wants us to accomplish milestones and He cheers so loudly when we do it. He is constantly watching and encouraging us to do that thing we never thought we could... stepping out of our comfort zones into something that stretches us just a bit more than we want to.

So what is your milestone you're reaching???

No comments:

Post a Comment