Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh the warmth & coziness!!

As I was talking to a fellow mom yesterday (Hi Steph!), we were lamenting probably one of the worst parts of motherhood. Getting out of bed at night. Now, if you actually have a child that sleeps, this will not be a concept you understand. And I will be bitter about that for a bit. Maybe I'll let it go.... HA!

When that little cry (or not so little) escapes and wakes you out of a dead sleep, after you cry to yourself a bit, you get out of bed and stumble across to their room. And at that moment, you miss that warm and cozy bed you just got out of. Your heart cries out to be back in there, drooling on your pillow, and dreaming of odd things.

I think the worst part is when you actually get back into bed. Yes, of course, you're happy to be there! But, it's cold. It's really, really cold. And it's going to take awhile to get back up to that cozy temperature. So, for a good 5 minutes, you sit there and shiver. And hope, against all hopes, that that was it for the night. That you won't have to do this again until the morning!

Have you had this experience?? What's the worst part to you of waking up in the middle of the night???

3 comments:

  1. I can't stand waking up in the middle of the night but apparently God gave me kids who love it. Emma is 3 and still doesn't sleep through the night. She was up no less than 5 times last night and more the night before. I have no idea why but I really do lament with you the reality of waking up in the middle of the night. That being said, I am sure Jacob will start sleeping better soon. Hope to see you tomorrow for some pampering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan, I am SOOO sorry!! Uggggh! Doesn't it just want to make you curl up in a corner and cry?? Yes, I will definitely be there tomorrow morning! Here's to hoping BOTH of us will be well rested!!!

    ReplyDelete