Friday, October 15, 2010

Love being flexible!

My favorite part of being a SAHM (stay-at-home mom) is my ability to go do things I would have not been able to do while working. For instance, today I went to watch my cousin try on wedding dresses. It was SO much fun!!! I think I had more fun than she did... HA! It makes me think that I may need a life, but most of me feels like it was such an exciting moment and I was so glad to be a part of it!!

It made me think about how many things I can now attend or go to since I'm not trapped in an office for 9+ hours a day! Now I can enjoy MOPS, going out to eat with friends, play dates, and many, many more! Although it also means I have time to do the shopping and cleaning during the day... not so fun. Boo.

Sometimes I start to get a bit bored and think about finding a part-time job. But, if I had any type of job (besides being a mommy), I couldn't be as flexible! I think, for now, I'm just going to be a mommy. That job is hard enough! And it also lets me have lots of fun...

What is your favorite part of staying at home?? Or, if you're a working momma, what is your favorite part of working??

1 comment:

  1. The flexibility can certainly be sweet. I've gone outlet shopping, headed out of town to visit my parents and my cousin, had people over, and I'm reading your blog at 9:30 a.m. while Shane pushes his tractors around. It's definitely flexible...but sometimes a little lonely...thank heaven for the internet!

    ReplyDelete