Thursday, October 14, 2010

I hate the middle of the night!

So last night was not a good night in our home. Jacob was up twice between 8pm and 8am. UGGGH. And I began to realize something. When he doesn't sleep well during the day, I'm a little upset, but it's not a big deal. In the middle of the night?? Oh snap. You did NOT get up in the middle of the night!

I guess it's been the last two days that I've woken up at 1am and 3am because of a non-sleeping child, and I grumble. I say out loud, "You are NOT supposed to be up!" Now granted, he really isn't. But I get MAD. Don't worry, by the time I get to him it goes away. I just HATE to get out of bed!! Sometimes I lay there and hope Josh will get up - HA.

I think some of it is the stumbling across the hallway to get to him, knowing that I'll probably run into a wall. Or having to make him a bottle and forgetting how many scoops went in. The problem is the minute I pick him up and those sleepy little eyes find me and he smiles. Honestly, I look away so I don't laugh or smile back (it's nighttime, ya know?). Don't worry, I'll always hate to get out of my warm, cozy bed but that little baby's smile makes it less bad.

What part of the day do you HATE?!

No comments:

Post a Comment