Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I need to get out of my sweatpants...

I think this is a common theme, the sweatpants. When you think of a stay-at-home mom, you think of sweatpants. It's just the territory! Also, because about every 2 hours you have some small child puking on you. So why bother with the pretty clothes?? Why bother putting on jeans or dress pants?? I feel like I can say that when Jacob goes to school, I'll be wearing real pants by then. But, if I'm not willing to wear them now, will I be willing to wear them then??

So what do I do? I really don't want to make some sort of commitment where I'll actually get out of my sweats for a week. But I feel so much better when I look presentable. Maybe I need to buy a pair of jeans for every day of the week, so I don't care if they get thrown up on. Right now, I am in sweats and a t-shirt that now have crusted on throw-up. Who wants to come over and hang out with me?!?!?!

My favorite comment when I lament about these things is that when he's older it will be different. But if I don't change the habits now, will I ever change them later??

So, be honest, are you reading this in your sweats??

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading this in jeans and a t-shirt (with crusty baby puke!). The jeans made it on today because I had people working in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is 4:30pm and i am still in my pj's and have not showered:) lovely. the other problem is the fact that normal clothes still do not fit yet the maternity clothes are too big!!! you are not alone and i wish we lived closer so that we could hang out together in our pukey outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Definitely yes. Well, actually, my husband's shorts, but comfy bottoms for sure.

    And I say stay in them, Lizzie! When he's older you'll HAVE to be in other clothes... enjoy the sweatpants while you can :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you guys!!!! Heehee... Today I got into jeans because I went out... but tomorrow, sweats!! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep sweats and a hand-me-down Relay for Life t-shirt...yesterday I led bible study at church so there were dress pants and a nice shirt...I did jeans twice earlier in the week- once for a Walmart run and once for a grocery store run...during both of which Shane screamed his head off and people gave me lots of dirty looks-what the heck?! I had his pacifier in- what do you people want me to do?

    ReplyDelete