Thursday, October 21, 2010

My home is no longer my sanctuary...

A lot of you may be wondering what exactly I mean. Do you remember how every day you ache to get home to the comfort of your house, slip on your comfy clothes, and hang out on the couch?? Your home becomes your getaway from the world place. Work and its problems for the most part won't fall you home. You can leave them at the doorstep.

Unless you're a stay-at-home mom. Then, your problems are IN the house. It's absolutely fabulous to stay-at-home and have the ability to wear my sweats all day. But, you see, I can't leave my problems. My problem is 4.5 months old and he follows me everywhere I go. If he's cranky, I can't just walk out the door and tell him I'll see him tomorrow. If he's cranky, I'm stuck with him. Some days I may want to hide in my room and shut the door, but I can't. Because if I do, he'll just scream louder!

Now, I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful. I am SO grateful that I can stay home with my little munchkin as he grows right now. But I very much miss the ability to come home to escape the world. To know that no problem can follow me into my house unless I choose to let it.

So what part of your sanctuary do you miss the most??

3 comments:

  1. Hey Liz--it's jenn from MOPS :) I found your blog through facebook, and I'm a blog junkie myself so I just wanted to comment to let you know I am reading :) feel free to check mine out if you are as nosy as I am--www.theleblancsinwv.blogspot.com :)

    Hope you enjoyed Spa Day this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn!!!! I am also a blog junkie, so you have been added to my list to read!! Spa Day was sooo awesome, I had a blast! My eyebrows are very happy. HA! Ok, go update that blog so I have something to stalk. See you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness- Lil who needs to write a blog when you are doing it? I can totally relate to this so much! I just can never wait to get out of the house these days and I used to wish I was at home when I was at work (although I've always been the kind of girl that likes to be out doing fun things). This is just God's way of telling us we need to learn to be content despite circumstances (hardest thing ever!). Still haven't figured out exactly how to apply that every day. Someone wise recently told me that as soon as you're a mom you go through this constant battle in your mind quite often- when you're at home you want to be at work when you're at work you want to be home. I'm thinking I might find a good compromise in part time work- we'll see.

    ReplyDelete